People often hear about the “breakfast, lunch and dinner” description of bed bug bites. However, there is a wide range of different symptoms people can experience. Even some doctors are not familiar with the full range of symptoms humans can experience from bed bug bites. The following list is a description of various symptoms people can experience after being bitten by bed bugs:
What do Bed Bug Bites Look Like?
1. The most common symptoms include “breakfast, lunch and dinner” pattern of bites, moderate itchiness, redness and swelling.
2. Severe symptoms can include extreme itchiness, redness, swelling and even secondary infections if bed bug bites are scratched too much and wounds are exposed.
3. Having no skin reaction to bed bug bites is very common. About 30% of individuals experience no redness, itchiness or swelling after being bitten by bed bugs.
4. Itchiness with no bumps, redness or swelling.
5. Bumps on skin with no itch or redness.
6. Rash-like symptoms.
7. Small red dots with little skin irritation, itchiness or swelling.
There are many other possible variations of symptoms a person could experience after being bitten by bed bugs.
If you are experiencing bites and are able to take a clear photo, we would be happy to take a look and try to help determine whether you have bed bugs or not. Please email photos to firstname.lastname@example.org.